Dr Julian Dalby says UFC lightweight champion Conor McGregor is more than prepared in his preparation ahead of his mega fight with Floyd Mayweather on August 26th in Las Vegas. Dr.Dalby is responsible for the conditioning aspect of McGregor`s training and also played a part in setting up the Conor McGregor FAST conditioning program. Dr.Dalby says McGregor is prepared in all aspects.
Dr.Dalby told MMA Latest News:
“We are just four weeks out now. Conor looks great, he is prepared in everything, he is prepared in all aspects of his training to the extreme. If the fight lasts 30 seconds Conor is ready, if the fight was to go on for one hour straight he is ready for that too, all aspects have been covered and we are ready for whatever Floyd brings to the table”
(Picture of Conor McGregor and Dr Julian Dalby training in Las Vegas this week)
With the fight being scheduled for 12 rounds opposed to 5 rounds in MMA some people say McGregor may struggle with the pace of the fight, however Dr.Dalby disagrees and says the duration is not all that different.
“To be honest I don’t think the duration is all that different. Conor will have no issues in adapting, he is more than prepared for 12 rounds. As I said Conor is more than ready for whatever Floyd brings. Floyd is a one trick fighter, whereas Conor is a complete fighter and is adaptable”
McGregor has been using the Conor McGregor FAST conditioning program since 2016 and Dr.Dalby says McGregor`s improvements have been incredible.
“Conor started the program around early 2016. Since then we made a few adjustments to it, his progression has been unbelievable and the numbers prove that. The program works your aerobic and anaerobic systems and also combines short bursts, power and endurance. The problem with Conor was that he used over-train himself, so we now have a full schedule in place with proper rest days. With this program we plan on taking all of MMA to the next level”
For more information on the Conor McGregor FAST program visit www.mcgregorfast.com
For all the latest news in the world of MMA make sure to follow MMA Latest News on Facebook and Twitter.
Exclusive: Derek Brunson: “Anderson was definitely a little lubed up”
Derek Brunson fought Anderson Silva back in February of this year, at UFC 208. Brunson would go on to lose the fight by controversial unanimous decision. However, the controversies didn’t stop at the questionable decision, Brunson also claims Silva was greasing during the fight. The Wilmington, North Carolina native, posted about it on Twitter a few days ago:
Just make sure you don’t put cooking oil all over your body like Anderson did so it’ll be easy to grab ahold of you @lyotomachidafw 👌
— Derek Brunson (@DerekBrunson) October 17, 2017
Speaking with MMA Latest, Brunson explained why he believes Silva was greasing during the fight. “Anderson was definitely a little lubed up. Every time I grabbed him he was just slipping out of everything, and his takedown defense was really good that night. I was definitely curious to know why he was very slippery, which I definitely think he had some kind of substance on his body. He knows I’m a wrestler obviously, he’s an old, savvy veteran, so he was definitely trying to play all the rules and be very strategic, and make it harder for a wrestler to grab him.”
Brunson is set to face Lyoto Machida come October 28, when asked about whether he was worried about Machida greasing, considering Gegard Mousasi accused him of doing so in their fight, Brunson admitted he wasn’t too worried.
“Well I’m not too worried, but like I said, I put it out there because I know they’re friends and I know, obviously, that’s kind of what the guys do when they know they’re fighting a wrestler. They want to lube their body up really good to make it hard to grab hold, Anderson did a great job defending my takedowns. It’s because he was all greased up so he was able to stop a lot of them. When I grab guys in the clinch, it’s very tough for them to get away and I’m pretty good with my Greco takedown. He was pretty much pulling through my clinch when I had a tight grip on him and if you have some kind of substance on your body it’s easy to pull them.”
Neither Silva nor his management have commented on the greasing allegations. Anderson Silva makes his return against Kelvin Gastelum later this year, in China. While Brunson makes his return to the Octagon on October 28th, in Brazil, where he looks to add Lyoto Machida’s name to his impressive list of victories.
Ovince Saint Preux Steps in to Face Corey Anderson at UFC 217
UFC 217 just got even more interesting. Earlier this week, Patrick Cummins pulled out of his light heavyweight matchup with Corey Anderson due to a Staph infection. Corey “Overtime” Anderson was not happy with his opponents decision, even calling out his opponent on Instagram asking how Cummins could, “call it quits so far from fight night”.
The UFC left Anderson on the card, and he found an opponent through the magic of Twitter. Ovince Saint Preux tweeted out directly to Anderson stating:
— Ovince Saint Preux (@003_OSP) October 19, 2017
It didn’t take long for Anderson to respond agreeing to the fight, tagging Mick Maynard and Dana White in his response.
Only a few short hours later, the fight announcement came from the official UFC twitter account.
Fight News update!!
— UFC (@ufc) October 19, 2017
This top 10 Light Heavyweight matchup should add to an already amazing card coming in November at Madison Square Garden. Saint Preux is coming off of back to back wins both due to the very rare von flue choke, he finds himself ranked #7th in the latest edition of the 205-pound rankings. Corey “Overtime” Anderson is 4-2 in his last 6 fights, but is coming off a brutal first round knockout loss to Jimi Manuwa in March.
With such a exciting fight added to this card, what do you see happening November 4th? Will Corey Anderson bounce back and look to jump into the top 5 of the rankings, or will Ovince Saint Preux go for a third straight von flue choke? Let us know.
*Watch* Bellator 185 Weigh in: Live Stream, Results
Watch the live weigh-ins for Bellator 185 here.
Gegard Mousasi takes on Alexander Slemenko live this Friday night October 20th at the Mohegan Sun Arena in Uncasville CT. This is the first appearance for Mousasi in the Bellator cage as he looks to secure a title shot with a win over the very tough former Bellator champion Slemenko. Joining these men of the main card will be a pair of welterweights as Neiman Gracie from the famous Gracie BJJ family takes on Zak Bucia in the co-main event.
Full Weigh-in Results: (Updated in real time)
Gegard Mousasi (185) vs. Alexander Shlemenko (186)
Neiman Gracie (170.5) vs. Zak Bucia (170)
Heather Hardy (126) vs. Kristina Williams (126)
Ryan Quinn (155.5) vs. Marcus Surin (155)
Ana Julaton (125.5) vs. Lisa Blaine (122)
Jordan Young (200) vs. Alec Hooben (194)
Costello van Steenis (185) vs. Steve Skrzat (186)
Vinicius de Jesus (170) vs. Joaquin Buckley (171)
John Beneduce (154.5) vs. Dean Hancock (155)
Timothy Wheeler (144) vs. Pete Rogers (144)
Don Shainis (150) vs. Matthew Denning (149)
Frank Sforza (149) vs. Vovka Clay (150)
Kevin Carrier (156) vs. Jose Antonio Perez (153)
John Lopez (126) vs. Billy Giovanella (125)
- Bellator4 days ago
Michael Page Not Focusing on Opponent Ahead of Boxing Debut
- Cage Warriors1 week ago
EXCLUSIVE: Matt Inman Talks Cage Warriors 87, His Love For Fighting And Craig White Possibly Tiring Himself Out.
- News1 week ago
Why the UFC Needs to Introduce 165 and 175-pound Weight Divisions
- Opinion6 days ago
Rafael dos Anjos vs. Robbie Lawler Sets Up Intriguing Title Fight Scenarios
- British1 week ago
EXCLUSIVE: Jack Shore talks Cage Warriors 87 Opponent Change, Pressure and Being Ready for A Big Opportunity
- Opinion4 days ago
A list of fighters who fought Michael Bisping – while on steroids
- Fight Announcements1 week ago
Aldo vs. Lamas 2 and Ponzinibbio vs. Perry Added to UFC Winnipeg
- BAMMA1 week ago
Exclusive: Alex Lohore “Didn’t Know” Who Richard Kiely Was Before BAMMA 32 Booking