Connect with us

Fight Announcements

James Krause out of UFC Belfast due to injury; Stevie Ray set to step in

Published

on

The upcoming UFC Belfast card has taken another hit today as James Krause was forced to withdraw from his scheduled bout with Ross Pearson which was scheduled for the event. He revealed on his Instagram page that he tore his hamstring in 3 different spots. This injury comes just three weeks before the event is set to take place on November 19. The news follows hot on the heels of the disappointment of the headliner between Dong Hyun Kim and Gunnar Nelson being scrapped and replaced by a rematch between Gegard Mousasi vs Uriah Hall.

This is the second time in a row that Krause has pulled out of a fight with Pearson. The two were originally set to meet at The Ultimate Fighter 23 Finale that took place in July. Krause was replaced in that fight by Will Brooks, who defeated Pearson by unanimous decision. Krause (23-7) is currently on a two-fight win streak, with his most recent win coming back in February at UFC Fight Night 83 where he defeated Shane Campbell via unanimous decision. Krause wrote in his statement “This is 2 camps in a row, and against Ross that I’ve had to withdraw from so my greatest apologies to him. This is not my norm and I pride myself on fighting any opposition that’s been offered to me. That being said during these training camps I’ve made a lot of progress and am very excited to show my improvements whoever and whenever that time comes.”  

 

It’s with great disappointment and frustration that I make this post announcing that I’m forced to withdraw from my #UFCBelfast bout with Ross Pearson… again. Monday morning during wrestling practice I tore my hamstring for what the doctor says is a “high grade”, substantial tear in 3 different spots to my hamstring. This is 2 camps in a row, and against Ross that I’ve had to withdraw from so my greatest apologies to him. This is not my norm and I pride myself on fighting any opposition that’s been offered to me. That being said during these training camps I’ve made a lot of progress and am very excited to show my improvements whoever and whenever that time comes. Once again, my deepest apologies to @rosstherealdeal and the @ufc. I’ll be back soon enough.

A photo posted by James Krause (@thejameskrause) on Oct 26, 2016 at 7:12am PDT

Pearson (19-12-1) is currently 1-3 in his last four fights, with his most recent loss to Jorge Masvidal at UFC 201, and is in desperate need of a win to revitalise his UFC career. According to MMA Fighting, Pearson will now face Scotland’s own Stevie Ray. Ray (19-6) is coming off of a loss to Alan Patrick at UFC Brasilia, which was the first of his UFC career after starting his stint with the promotion with three straight wins over Marcin Bandel, Leonardo Mafra and Mickael Lebout. He is now looking to get back in the win column over a struggling Pearson.

UFC Belfast will take place on November 19 from The Hydro Arena in Belfast, Northern Ireland. Should Ray step in to face Pearson, as expected, the card will look as follows:

UFC Belfast

  • Gegard Mousasi vs Uriah Hall
  • Ross Pearson vs Stevie Ray
  • Timothy Johnson vs Alexander Volkov
  • Artem Lobov vs Teruto Ishihara
  • Ian McCall vs Neil Seery
  • Magnus Cedenblad vs Jack Marshman
  • Kyoji Horiguchi vs Ali Bagautinov
  • Kevin Lee vs Magomed Mustafaev
  • Anna Elmose vs Amanda Cooper
  • Justin Ledet vs Mark Godbeer
  • Zak Cummings vs Alexander Yakovlev
  • Marion Reneau vs Milana Dudieva
Onnit Primal Bells

Announcement

Ovince Saint Preux Steps in to Face Corey Anderson at UFC 217

Published

on

UFC 217 just got even more interesting. Earlier this week, Patrick Cummins pulled out of his light heavyweight matchup with Corey Anderson due to a Staph infection. Corey “Overtime” Anderson was not happy with his opponents decision, even calling out his opponent on Instagram asking how Cummins could, “call it quits so far from fight night”.

The UFC left Anderson on the card, and he found an opponent through the magic of Twitter. Ovince Saint Preux tweeted out directly to Anderson stating:

It didn’t take long for Anderson to respond agreeing to the fight, tagging Mick Maynard and Dana White in his response.

Only a few short hours later, the fight announcement came from the official UFC twitter account.

 

This top 10 Light Heavyweight matchup should add to an already amazing card coming in November at Madison Square Garden. Saint Preux is coming off of back to back wins both due to the very rare von flue choke, he finds himself ranked #7th in the latest edition of the 205-pound rankings. Corey “Overtime” Anderson is 4-2 in his last 6 fights, but is coming off a brutal first round knockout loss to Jimi Manuwa in March.

With such a exciting fight added to this card, what do you see happening November 4th?  Will Corey Anderson bounce back and look to jump into the top 5 of the rankings, or will Ovince Saint Preux go for a third straight von flue choke? Let us know.

Onnit Primal Bells
Continue Reading

Fight Announcements

Aldo vs. Lamas 2 and Ponzinibbio vs. Perry Added to UFC Winnipeg

Harry Davies

Published

on

The UFC has added Jose Aldo vs. Ricardo Lamas 2, and Santiago Ponzinibbio vs. Mike Perry to their UFC Winnipeg card on December 16th.

The two fights were announced as official today on the UFC’s Twitter account.

Aldo (26-3) last fought at UFC 212 in June, where he lost by third round TKO to Max Holloway. After being promoted to the undisputed 145-pound champion last November, he was looking to make the first defence of the title against Holloway.

Lamas first faced Aldo back in 2014 at UFC 169. Aldo, who was again featherweight champion at the time, defeated Lamas with ease winning by unanimous decision (49-46) on all scorecards. Lamas is on a two-fight winning streak after defeating both Charles Oliveira and Jason Knight with impressive finishes.

Since his last UFC loss to Lorenz Larkin back in 2015, Ponzinnibio (25-3) has won five consecutive fights. His most recent victory was a upset win over Gunnar Nelson in July at UFC Glasgow. There was some controversy after the fight, as replays seemed to show a short grab and several eyes pokes from Ponzinnibio before knocking out Nelson in the first round.

Mike Perry has taken the UFC by storm since making his debut for the promotion last August. Picking up four wins all by knockout, the only loss ‘Platinum’ suffered was too Alan Jouban by decision. Ranked at #9 in the welterweight division, a win over Ponzinnibio could definitely propel Perry into the top ten at 170-pounds.

With the additon of these two fantastic fights, the lineup for UFC Winnipeg is as follows:

  • Robbie Lawler vs. Rafael dos Anjos – Welterweight bout
  • Glover Teixeira vs. Misha Cirkunov – Light heavyweight bout
  • Antônio Rogério Nogueira vs. Jared Cannonier – Light heavyweight bout
  • Tim Elliott vs. Justin Scoggins – Flyweight bout
  • Chad Laprise vs. Galore Bafondo – Welterweight bout
  • Alessio Di Chirico vs. Oluwale Bamgbose – Middleweight bout
  • Vitor Miranda vs. Julian Marquez – Middleweight bout
  • John Makdessi vs. Abel Trujillo – Lightweight bout
  • Nordine Taleb vs. Sultan Aliev – Welterweight bout
Onnit Primal Bells
Continue Reading

Announcement

Gokhan Saki vs Khalil Rountree JR Added to UFC 219

Published

on

Kickboxing superstar Gokhan Saki will make his return to the octagon just three months after his UFC debut, as he faces Khalil Rountree at UFC 219.

Saki (1-1 ) made a big statement at UFC Japan in September, knocking out Henrique de Silva with a devastating, statement making left hook.

Rountree (6-2) is a TUF-23 alumni. His UFC run started unsuccessfully losing two in a row including his TUF 23 contract fight. However, Rountree is now on a two-fight winning streak after picking up consecutive first round knockout victories against Paul Craig and Daniel Jolly.

After making his MMA debut in 2004, Saki signed a multi-fight deal with the UFC in May and was succesful in his return to the cage. Saki’s first round KO of de Silva earned him a Performance of the Night bonus.

Neither Saki or Rountree are currently ranked in the UFC’s light heavyweight division, so a win at UFC 219 could most certainly push either of the two in the top fifteen at 205-pounds.

With the addition of Saki vs. Rountree, your current line-up for the UFC 219 card on December 30th is as follows:

Dominick Cruz vs. Jimmie Rivera – Bantamweight bout
Cynthia Calvillo vs. Carla Esparza – Women’s strawweight bout
Carlos Condit vs. Neil Magny – Welterweight bout
Louis Smolka vs. Matheus Nicolau – Flyweight bout
* Gokhan Saki vs. Khalil Rountree – Light heavyweight bout

Onnit Primal Bells
Continue Reading

Trending