This weekend there is an event held in Las Vegas featuring two top ten welterweights with title aspirations. Johny Hendricks looks to begin to make his way back to the top of the 170 pound division with a big win. His opponent, Stephen “Wonderboy” Thompson, looks to get a huge win to bolster his title run. The event also features a heavyweight war between Roy Nelson and Jared Rosholt. There are quite a few very solid fights throughout the card, from the UFC Fight Pass prelims to the main card televised on FOX Sports 1.
HONORABLE MENTION 1: Artem Lobov vs. Alex White
Artem Lobov, a training partner of Conor McGregor, returns to the octagon for the first time since losing in the TUF 22 finale against Ryan Hall. “The Russian Hammer” is a very talented mixed martial artist who looked dangerous during the season of The Ultimate Fighter, despite a mediocre professional record. His opponent, Alex White, is a fighter looking to save his UFC career. Often three consecutive losses to start a UFC career results in being cut from the promotion and White has lost his last 2. “The Spartan” is a highly skilled fighter, however, having put together a ten fight win streak to start his career prior to losing his last two fights in the UFC. This is sure to be a good scrap between two men with a lot to gain from winning this fight.
HONORABLE MENTION 2:Josh Burkman vs. KJ Noons
The final fight on the Fox Sports 1 prelims is a battle between two UFC veterans. Josh Burkman has fluctuated in and out of the UFC quite a bit since he made his UFC debut in 2005. He is considered “The People’s Warrior” and has been around the fight game for a long time. Every time Burkman steps in the cage there is sure to be fireworks. He has lost his last two fights, however, and is hoping to bounce back from those losses quickly. His opponent, KJ Noons, is also coming off a loss and is looking to get a big win over Burkman in order to jumpstart his rise back up the rankings.
FIGHT TO WATCH:Joseph Benavidez vs. Zach Makovsky
There is a great Flyweight battle on the main card that may well be a title eliminator. Joseph Benavidez is riding a four fight win streak since losing to longtime UFC Flyweight champion Demetrious Johnson and is looking for one more big win to justify a title shot. His opponent, Zach Makovsky, is looking for a win in order to bounce back from a loss against former title challenger John Dodson in May. This should be an incredible fight between two of the best flyweights in the world.
*Live Updates* UFC Gdsank Official Results
The UFC hosted their second event in the country of Poland, as UFC Gdsank took place at the Ergo Arena. The card was headlined by a welterweight fight between Donald Cerrone and Darren Till.
Cerrone (32-9) was coming off a close unanimous decision loss to former 170-pound champion Robbie Lawler in July. It was the only time in “Cowboy’s” MMA career that he had suffered consecutive losses.
Till (15-0-1) improved his undefeated record in September, defeating Bojan Veličković by unanimous decision. It was a case of old school vs. new school in this headliner, as the up and comer Till hoped to secure the biggest win of his career over Cerrone.
MAIN CARD – UFC Fight Pass – 8PM BST
- Donald Cerrone (32-9) vs. Darren Till (15-0-1) – Welterweight bout
- Result: Darren Till def. Donald Cerrone via TKO (punches) Round 1 – 4:20
- Karolina Kowalkiewicz (11-2) vs. Jodie Esquibel (6-3) – Women’s strawweight bout
- Result: Karolina Kowalkiewicz def. Jodie Esquibel via Unanimous Decision (30-27, 30-27, 30-27)
- Jan Blachowicz (20-7) vs. Devin Clark (8-2) – Light heavyweight bout
- Result: Jan Błachowicz def. Devin Clark via SUB (rear-naked choke) Round 2 – 3:02
- Oskar Piechota (10-0) vs. Jonathan Wilson (7-3) – Middleweight bout
- Result: Oskar Piechota def. Jonathan Wilson via Unanimous Decision (30-27, 30-27, 30-27)
*Watch* Bellator 185 Weigh in: Live Stream, Results
Watch the live weigh-ins for Bellator 185 here.
Gegard Mousasi takes on Alexander Slemenko live this Friday night October 20th at the Mohegan Sun Arena in Uncasville CT. This is the first appearance for Mousasi in the Bellator cage as he looks to secure a title shot with a win over the very tough former Bellator champion Slemenko. Joining these men of the main card will be a pair of welterweights as Neiman Gracie from the famous Gracie BJJ family takes on Zak Bucia in the co-main event.
Full Weigh-in Results: (Updated in real time)
Gegard Mousasi (185) vs. Alexander Shlemenko (186)
Neiman Gracie (170.5) vs. Zak Bucia (170)
Heather Hardy (126) vs. Kristina Williams (126)
Ryan Quinn (155.5) vs. Marcus Surin (155)
Ana Julaton (125.5) vs. Lisa Blaine (122)
Jordan Young (200) vs. Alec Hooben (194)
Costello van Steenis (185) vs. Steve Skrzat (186)
Vinicius de Jesus (170) vs. Joaquin Buckley (171)
John Beneduce (154.5) vs. Dean Hancock (155)
Timothy Wheeler (144) vs. Pete Rogers (144)
Don Shainis (150) vs. Matthew Denning (149)
Frank Sforza (149) vs. Vovka Clay (150)
Kevin Carrier (156) vs. Jose Antonio Perez (153)
John Lopez (126) vs. Billy Giovanella (125)
Bellator 185- How to Watch, Times and Fight Card
Bellator is once again heading to Mohegan Sun in Uncasville Connecticut, and this time they are bringing with them one of the most anticipated former UFC fighter turned Bellator stars’ debut. Gegard Mousasi will be making his first appearance in the Bellator cage against a former Bellator champion in Alexander Shlemenko. Although this event has lost some of its star power over the last several weeks, it is still stacked and you can bet that the main event will bring some fireworks.
Earlier in the month, it was announced that King Mo had suffered an injury that had forced him out of his co-main event fight with former middleweight champion Liam McGeary. Bellator worked quickly to secure a replacement opponent for McGeary in Bubba McDaniels. Unfortunately for McDaniels and the fans alike, McGeary had later suffered an injury of his own and the fight was removed from the card.
This left a spot open in the co-main event slot, which would be filled by a welterweight matchup between Brennan Ward and David Rickels. Just four days out from the fight, Bellator announced that Ward had also become injured and the fight has been removed from the card as well. The main card has been shuffled around and the welterweight bout between Neiman Gracie and Zak Bucia will now serve as the co-main event.
Main Card- Spike TV (US/Canada) Spike UK (UK)- 9 pm EDT, 6 pm PDT, 2 pm UK
- Middleweight Main Event: Gegard Mousasi (42-6-2) vs. Alexander Shlemenko (56-9, 1 NC)
- Welterweight Feature Bout: Neiman Gracie (6-0) vs. Zak Bucia (18-8)
- Women’s Flyweight Feature Bout: Heather Hardy (1-0) vs. Kristina Williams (Debut)
- Lightweight Feature Bout: Ryan Quinn (13-7) vs. Marcus Surin (4-0)
- Women’s Flyweight Feature Bout: Ana Julaton (2-2) vs. Lisa Blaine (1-0)
Preliminary Card- Live Stream (MMA Latest New)- 7 pm EDT, 4 pm PDT, 12 pm UK
- 195 lb. Catchweight Preliminary Bout: Jordan Young (6-0) vs. Alec Hooben (5-3)
- Middleweight Preliminary Bout: Costello van Steenis (8-1) vs. Steve Skrzat (8-9)
- Welterweight Preliminary Bout: Vinicius de Jesus (5-1) vs. Joaquin Buckley (7-1)
- Lightweight Preliminary Bout: John Beneduce (2-1) vs. Dean Hancock (2-1)
- Featherweight Preliminary Bout: Timothy Wheeler (1-4) vs. Pete Rogers (2-4)
- 150 lb. Catchweight Preliminary Bout: Don Shainis (3-1) vs. Matthew Denning (5-6)
- 150 lb. Catchweight Preliminary Bout: Frank Sforza (6-0) vs. Vovka Clay (3-2)
- Lightweight Preliminary Bout: Kevin Carrier (Pro Debut) vs. Jose Antonio Perez (Pro Debut)
- Flyweight Preliminary Bout: John Lopez (6-4) vs. Billy Giovanella (9-5)
- Bellator6 days ago
Michael Page Not Focusing on Opponent Ahead of Boxing Debut
- Cage Warriors1 week ago
EXCLUSIVE: Matt Inman Talks Cage Warriors 87, His Love For Fighting And Craig White Possibly Tiring Himself Out.
- News1 week ago
Why the UFC Needs to Introduce 165 and 175-pound Weight Divisions
- Opinion1 week ago
Rafael dos Anjos vs. Robbie Lawler Sets Up Intriguing Title Fight Scenarios
- British1 week ago
EXCLUSIVE: Jack Shore talks Cage Warriors 87 Opponent Change, Pressure and Being Ready for A Big Opportunity
- Opinion6 days ago
A list of fighters who fought Michael Bisping – while on steroids
- Fight Announcements1 week ago
Aldo vs. Lamas 2 and Ponzinibbio vs. Perry Added to UFC Winnipeg
- Interviews2 weeks ago
No More “Nice Boy” for Norman Parke Ahead of KSW 40