After an incredible night of fights in Houston, Texas at the Toyota Center, bonuses have been divvied, and fighters reflected on their performances.
- POTN honors were awarded to Chan Sung Jung, Jessica Andrade, Marcel Fortuna, and Angela Hill. All recipients took home $50K.
- Attendance: 8,119
- Gate: $600,000
- James Vick wants to get on the main card if granted his wish of competing on May PPV card.
- Felice Herrig said this fight was satisfying since she beat the woman who was ‘meant to win’.
- Herrig also stated she was given the fight with Michelle Waterson in Sacramento but the bout was taken from her.
- Chan Sung Jung “The Korean Zombie,” said he made minor changes to the way he fights.
- Korean Zombie said he feels ‘conceited’ talking about politics but feels it’s his way of “participating in the candlelight vigils that have been going on in Korea.”
— UFC (@ufc) February 6, 2017
James Vick visualizing pre-fight he’d win via d’arce choke:
“I’m like a little kid right now, I’m so happy. This is my state, I love to fight here. I wish I could fight in Texas more often. The outcome is what I envisioned. I’m a big believer in the law of attraction and I study this stuff religiously. I just knew it was going to happen.”
Felice Herrig redeeming herself and recalling her last fight:
“I think I was overlooked, for sure. I kind of thrive over being the underdog. But in my mind, I knew I wasn’t the underdog. And anyone who’s around me knew I wasn’t the underdog. I think that I had one bad performance, which clearly I’ve come back from. The Paige VanZant fight… you know I didn’t have anything else left to give (in that fight) cause I wore my body out so much. That’s why I took 15 months because I worked with a performance doctor and we did extensive lab.”
Korean Zombie’s response to being asked if he thought he would never make it back to the UFC:
“Yes, I’m human too and so there were times when I thought “Can I keep up with the game?” and “Can I keep developing my techniques?” Sure, that’s what I thought and now I feel like I’m about to cry.”
-on thinking of a title bout soon:
“My goal is always to be the champion and I think this fight has put me back in the game.”
2017 IMMAF World Championships set to be streamed live on IOS and Android app
This years IMMAF World Championships in Bahrain is only 4 days away now and competitors from around the world are preparing themselves for what will be an extraordinary event and opportunity to make themselves known. The prestigious event is being hosted by the BMMAF under the patronage of His Highness Shaikh Nasser bin Hamad Al Khalifa.
For fans around the world good news came today as they will be able to watch their favourite amateur athlete take to the cage in the Khalifa Sports City Arena via an app. The BahrainTV app will be streaming all of the fights live for fans to watch at home or even on the go on their phone. You can also keep up to date via MyNextMatch.com for all relevant info for the event.
The links for the BahrainTV app are as follows:
*Live Updates* UFC Gdsank Official Results
The UFC hosted their second event in the country of Poland, as UFC Gdsank took place at the Ergo Arena. The card was headlined by a welterweight fight between Donald Cerrone and Darren Till.
Cerrone (32-9) was coming off a close unanimous decision loss to former 170-pound champion Robbie Lawler in July. It was the only time in “Cowboy’s” MMA career that he had suffered consecutive losses.
Till (15-0-1) improved his undefeated record in September, defeating Bojan Veličković by unanimous decision. It was a case of old school vs. new school in this headliner, as the up and comer Till hoped to secure the biggest win of his career over Cerrone.
MAIN CARD – UFC Fight Pass – 8PM BST
- Donald Cerrone (32-9) vs. Darren Till (15-0-1) – Welterweight bout
- Result: Darren Till def. Donald Cerrone via TKO (punches) Round 1 – 4:20
- Karolina Kowalkiewicz (11-2) vs. Jodie Esquibel (6-3) – Women’s strawweight bout
- Result: Karolina Kowalkiewicz def. Jodie Esquibel via Unanimous Decision (30-27, 30-27, 30-27)
- Jan Blachowicz (20-7) vs. Devin Clark (8-2) – Light heavyweight bout
- Result: Jan Błachowicz def. Devin Clark via SUB (rear-naked choke) Round 2 – 3:02
- Oskar Piechota (10-0) vs. Jonathan Wilson (7-3) – Middleweight bout
- Result: Oskar Piechota def. Jonathan Wilson via Unanimous Decision (30-27, 30-27, 30-27)
*Watch* Bellator 185 Weigh in: Live Stream, Results
Watch the live weigh-ins for Bellator 185 here.
Gegard Mousasi takes on Alexander Slemenko live this Friday night October 20th at the Mohegan Sun Arena in Uncasville CT. This is the first appearance for Mousasi in the Bellator cage as he looks to secure a title shot with a win over the very tough former Bellator champion Slemenko. Joining these men of the main card will be a pair of welterweights as Neiman Gracie from the famous Gracie BJJ family takes on Zak Bucia in the co-main event.
Full Weigh-in Results: (Updated in real time)
Gegard Mousasi (185) vs. Alexander Shlemenko (186)
Neiman Gracie (170.5) vs. Zak Bucia (170)
Heather Hardy (126) vs. Kristina Williams (126)
Ryan Quinn (155.5) vs. Marcus Surin (155)
Ana Julaton (125.5) vs. Lisa Blaine (122)
Jordan Young (200) vs. Alec Hooben (194)
Costello van Steenis (185) vs. Steve Skrzat (186)
Vinicius de Jesus (170) vs. Joaquin Buckley (171)
John Beneduce (154.5) vs. Dean Hancock (155)
Timothy Wheeler (144) vs. Pete Rogers (144)
Don Shainis (150) vs. Matthew Denning (149)
Frank Sforza (149) vs. Vovka Clay (150)
Kevin Carrier (156) vs. Jose Antonio Perez (153)
John Lopez (126) vs. Billy Giovanella (125)
- Opinion1 month ago
A list of fighters who fought Michael Bisping – while on steroids
- Interviews4 weeks ago
Sage Northcutt on Moving to Sacramento and Life at Team Alpha Male
- BAMMA2 weeks ago
BAMMA 32: Official Results and Live Stream
- Interviews3 weeks ago
Tim Means on Lawsuit Against Supplement Companies “I’m Going to Shut Them Down”
- Bellator1 month ago
Michael Page Not Focusing on Opponent Ahead of Boxing Debut
- Cage Warriors1 month ago
EXCLUSIVE: Matt Inman Talks Cage Warriors 87, His Love For Fighting And Craig White Possibly Tiring Himself Out.
- Bellator3 weeks ago
Exclusive: Ilima-Lei Macfarlane- from beating ‘Soccer Mom’ to potentially making history
- Interviews1 month ago
Exclusive: Derek Brunson: “Anderson was definitely a little lubed up”