MMA has gained numerous fans and followers in Asia over the years. Plenty of regional and local promotions have started to hold events outside of Japan in regions such as South East Asia, Middle East, India and China. MMA Latest understand that it is almost impossible for one to keep track of upcoming MMA events in Asia.
Starting with the month of July, we will be publishing a quick preview of the events happening around the Asian region followed by a quick review at the end of the month.
Mixed Martial A’rr
Star Cruise Libra, Andaman Sea Thailand
- Malaysian telco Tue Talk takes to the high seas with an MMA event held on a cruise ship. The most anticipated fights on the card will be a grudge match between One Championship fighter Nik Harris(6-2) vs Matt Pellino(0-1) and a causeway battle between Singaporean Olympian May Ooi(1-0) and Malaysian prospect Zhen Wei(1-1).
F3 – X Titans
Muzium Telekom, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
- Malaysian martial arts promotion F3 returns with a mouth watering main event for the local MMA fans.F3 heavyweight champion, Mohd Zulhanizam(7-2) will defend his belt against Mimma middleweight champion Chong Jing Yi(7-1).
Deep – Nagoya Impact 2015
Hotel Plaza Kachigawa, Kasugai, Aichi Japan
- DEEP is looking to please the local fans, having hometown veteran Seiji Akao(18-10-3) who is on a two fight losing streak againts Korean Hyo-Ryeong Kim(1-3-0)
Ynares Sports Arena, Manila, Philippines
- Guam/Filipino based MMA promotion returns to Manila with two titles on the line. Kyle Aguon will rematch Rolando Gabriel Dy with his Bantamweight Title on the line. Alvin Cacdac will face Crisanto Pipitunge for the PXC flyweight title.
One Championship Dynasty of Champions
Guangzhou International Sports Arena, Guangdong, China
- One Championship returns to China with the card yet to be announced.
Shooto – Torao 15: Direction Of The Cage
Hiroshima City Exhibition Hall, Hiroshima, Japan
- The first ever Shooto 52kg champion Rambaa Somdet(12-3) makes his long-awaited return to the Japanese promotion since 2010 against Masayoshi Kato(8-6-1) in the main event.
Vale Tudo Japan – VTJ in Osaka
Osaka Prefectural Gymnasium, Osaka, Japan
- VTJ in Osaka host a flyweight battle between Japanese veterans Yoshiro Maeda(31-15-5) and Kentaro Watanabe(10-6) in the main event
Grachan – Grachan 17
Differ Ariake, Tokyo, Japan
- After losing to Shinya Aoki IGF – Inoki Bom-Ba-Ye late 2014, Yuki Yamamoto(6-7) makes his return on Grachan 17 against Hideto Kondo(11-7) who is on a 3 fight winning streak.
Rebel FC 3 – The Promised Ones
Qingdao Sports Center, Shandong, China
- Singapore-based MMA promotion Rebel FC holds their first China event to wrap things up in Asia. The card include a highly anticipated semi-final clash between former WEC champ Miguel Torres(43-8) and former UFC fighter Will Chope(24-7). Another former UFC veteran, Paulo Thiago(15-8) is also scheduled to fight former StrikeForce fighter Joe Ray(11-4) in the 170lbs weight class.
Asia is the Earth’s largest and most populous continent consisting of 47 different countries. If there are any promotions we have missed out, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or you can shout to us in the comments section below. Stay tuned for a summary of all the Asian events at the end of the month.
*WATCH* DaveNoseMMA – Aljamain Sterling Knockout Aftermath
Stipe Miocic vs. Francis Ngannou Official for UFC 220
UFC 220 in Boston, Massachusetts has its main event. Stipe Miocic (17-2) will put his belt on the line for the third time against rising heavyweight star, Francis Ngannou (11-1)
Rumors surrounded the match-up for UFC 220 after Ngannou’s first round knockout over Alistair Overeem, at UFC 218. The Cameroonian heavyweight called for the fight himself. In his octagon interview proceeding his most recent victory, Ngannou stated:
“I’m feeling good… I’m on my way to a title shot”.
— UFC (@ufc) December 10, 2017
The heavy handed Ngannou has finished all of his opponents in all of his six UFC bouts. A streak which includes a kimura submission over Anthony Hamilton and a TKO victory against former UFC heavyweight champion, Andrei Arlovski. Overall, he holds a ten fight win streak. His only defeat came by way of unanimous decision to Zoumana Cisse, in his second professional MMA fight.
If victorious, Ngannou would become the first African-born champion in UFC history.
Not to be diminished, Stipe Miocic rides his a streak of his own into the beantown match-up. Five consecutive wins, five knockouts and the past four of which, ended in the first round. A victory in Boston for the champ would make him the longest reigning heavyweight champion in UFC history. Currently, Miocic is one of three heavyweights, in the promotions entirety, whom has successfully defended the belt twice.
UFC 220 will be held at the TD Garden in Boston, Massachusetts on January 20th, 2018. The pay-per-view (PPV) card will also feature light heavyweight champion Daniel Cormier, as he faces challenger Volkan “No Time” Oezdemir.
Ladies Fight Night 7: “Double Trouble” Preview
Polish women’s federation Ladies Fight Night is going to celebrate their second birthday this year on the 15th to 17th of December. Two days, two events with a lot of great bouts.
LFN in Poland is being titled the new Invicta FC. The Polish owners created this federation to give European women a chance to fight on a big platform.
Hosting their first ever event in December 2015, LFN will hold two great cards next week, that will feature women who have fought under many prestigious promotions, such as the UFC, Invicta, Bellator, Glory, and Kunlun.
Two days of fantastic fights, intensified by a double dose of sports impressions. The name is not accidental, LFN 7 / LFN 8 combines two events, during which the best Polish fighters will be shown, as well as the best fighters from Europe (including France, Sweden, Italy, the Czech Republic and Romania)
The stakes are high, and we are electrified by the clashes between warriors such as Żaneta Cieśla vs Silvia La Notte and Patricia Axling vs. Cindy Silvestri. Mainly due to their vastness of their experience in the cage.
In the fight of the evening, the talented Romanian Cristina Stanciu will face Magdaléna Šormovádo. Stanciu fought twice in the UFC, but she was unfortunately cut from the promotion after suffering consecutive losses to Cortney Casey and Maryna Moroz.
Judyta Rymarzak vs Marta Waliczek is an amazing fight between two experienced kickboxers. Both making their pro MMA debuts on the night, we will witness a one-of-a-kind duel between two kickboxing perfectionists, as they look to transcend their skills into the MMA world.
- Opinion2 months ago
A list of fighters who fought Michael Bisping – while on steroids
- Interviews2 months ago
Sage Northcutt on Moving to Sacramento and Life at Team Alpha Male
- BAMMA1 month ago
BAMMA 32: Official Results and Live Stream
- Interviews1 month ago
Tim Means on Lawsuit Against Supplement Companies “I’m Going to Shut Them Down”
- Cage Warriors2 months ago
EXCLUSIVE: Matt Inman Talks Cage Warriors 87, His Love For Fighting And Craig White Possibly Tiring Himself Out.
- Bellator1 month ago
Exclusive: Ilima-Lei Macfarlane- from beating ‘Soccer Mom’ to potentially making history
- Interviews2 months ago
Exclusive: Derek Brunson: “Anderson was definitely a little lubed up”
- Bellator2 months ago
Michael Page Not Focusing on Opponent Ahead of Boxing Debut